Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers On Display
Ever motorcycle rider has worn a helmet at some point, but this is 2017. Now, your motorcycle helmet can do so much more than simply protect your skull from being crushed like a watermelon on the pavement. Now, your motorcycle helmet can be Bluetooth-compatible, turning what was once a piece of humble head production gear into an intercom system, a smartphone and a stereo speaker all in one. That’s why we decided to come up with a list of the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers on the market today.
The benefits of buying a the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
The biggest benefit of buying the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers is the fact that you get a Bluetooth directly integrated into your helmet, and can immediately start using all of the benefits that come with Bluetooth, like making conference calls, listening to music, synching with your favorite Bluetooth-compatible device. These helmets also tend to feature built-in speakers so that everything you need for the Bluetooth thing to be immediately awesome is there, ready and waiting.
Productivity is a big benefit to buying a motorcycle Bluetooth helmet. You can conduct business while you’re cruising the highway or dodging traffic on your morning commute. Most of these devices feature one-button operation, so you can stay focused on the task (or rather, tasks) at hand.
Bluetooth helmets are also a lot safer than trying to juggle your smartphone with driving a motorcycle. In decades past, people would literally be going down the interstate with a cellphone pressed against their motorcycle helmet. Not only is it not really effective for making phone calls, it’s just not safe. Having Bluetooth built-in allows you to make hands-free phone calls—safely. And not only is calling via Bluetooth through your helmet safer than using a cellphone on your motorcycle, it also creates better call quality and fewer misunderstandings.
In years past, having a tricked-out motorcycle with a radio, media player, etc. was all the rage. Now, people are wanting sleeker and lowkey alternatives that are practical. With a motorcycle Bluetooth helmet, you can have your music while still having a no-muss, no-fuss motorcycle at the same time, giving you the best of both worlds.
Like all good motorcycle helmets, Bluetooth helmets are DOT compliant and may also be ECE certified. Meeting these quality standards proves that the Bluetooth speakers aren’t just making your ride more enjoyable, they’re actually just as safe as standard helmets.
Tips on choosing the Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers for your needs
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best motorcycle Bluetooth helmet for your needs. Consider the following:
- Consider the Bluetooth range you need if you’re using the intercom feature. Some helmets have a great range while others less so. If you’re using your Bluetooth helmet more as a cellphone, this issue is less of a big deal.
- Look for ease of use features, like one-button operation so that you can remain focused on the road instead of fiddling with your Bluetooth settings.
- Is your helmet DOT certified, ECE certified or both? At minimal, it should be DOT certified for your safety.
- Size is definitely something to consider just like any other motorcycle helmet. Your helmet should have a snug fit without being tight. (And remember that size varies across brands.)
- Other standard things to consider are ventilation, safety and if the liner can be washed. After all, your Bluetooth helmet is a motorcycle helmet—but just with a Bluetooth and speakers added, so without those features, it should be just like any other helmet.
- If you’re not a fan of sunscreen, ensure your visor has SPF protection. Remember, motorcyclists are prone to skin cancer just like any other people who spend significant time outdoors, so protecting your skin is important.
- Remember that newer materials often have smart features (like moisture wicking) that keep you more comfortable. These futuristic fabrics are often washable just like traditional ones, so always keep them in mind when available, because of the robust benefits you get out of them.
Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet reviews
Durable construction and DOT certified
The HJC Bluetooth Modular helmet is DOT certified for being safe on the road. Its durable construction is thanks to its lightweight yet ultra-tough polycarbonate shell, which was crafted with injection molding for superior performance and quality.
The HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth Modular Motorcycle Helmet’s superior fit is thanks to the computer-aided design (CAD) technology that was used during the design and manufacturer process, which allows the helmet to fit more comfortably.
Ventilation and smart materials
ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System provides for high octane ventilation. Air flows evenly from front to back and heat and humidity rise up and out of the helmet, keeping you nice and cool. Meanwhile, the bioceramic antibacterial nylex interior component keeps away bacterial overgrowth that can happen in helmets, preventing acne and similar issues. It’s also moisture wicking and washable, so you can keep it nice and clean throughout your helmet’s natural lifespan. Additionally, the visor blocks 95% of UV rays to fight the harmful effects of sunlight as you cruise the highway.
The HJC helmet comes with a Bluetooth recess already built-in along with speaker cavities so you’re ready to go the moment you get your helmet.
Single-button chinstrap/visor release provides effortlessly cool looks as you remove your helmet. Plus, it’s just nice and conveniently.
What to like:
- Bluetooth ready: speaker cavities and Bluetooth recess built-in
- Polycarbonate shell for extreme durability with lightweight feel
- DOT certified (meets or exceeds DOT standards)
- CAD technology provides superior fit and comfort during wear
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System keeps hot air and humidity away from your face and channels them up and out of the helmet
- Composed of smart inner materials
- Biocermaic antibacterial nylex
- Interior is washable and wicks away moisture
- Single-button chinstrap/visor release
- Visor blocks 95% UV rays
- Tool-free visor replacement for added convenience
- Cool looks
What to consider:
- While this helmet does offer an impressive 95% protection from UV rays, it’d be nice if it offered 100% UV protection, since most bikers are out on the road for extended periods—and full protection is just better anyway from a skin health standpoint. That said, if you’re wearing SPF under your helmet, this 95% thing isn’t an issue.
FreedComm’s Bluetooth helmet offering allows your helmet to act as an intercom, allowing for communicating with up to two fellow riders up to 500 meters away, which is considered an impressive range for Bluetooth technology. This helmet uses Bluetooth 3.0 for universal compatibility with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, like your smartphone.
ABS, aka acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene an extremely strong opaque thermoplastic polymer that retains its remarkable strength even when it’s cold outside. This is significant, because coldness increases brittleness in most materials, which can lead to breakage. By using ABS instead of similar, less cold-resistant thermoplastic polymers, FreedConn is ensuring their helmet remains just as strong on the coldest night rides as it is at optimal temperatures.
DOT and ECE certified
The FreedConn Bluetooth motorcycle helmet is certified safe by both DOT and ECE for your protection.
Comfortable and clean
With intelligent ventilation and comfortable, washable interior material and padding, Freeconn’s helmet allows you to stay both cool and clean while you ride.
One, single button controls everything you need on the FreedConn helmet, so your focus can remain on the road where it belongs.
What to like:
- Built-in Bluetooth
- 500-meter range
- Communicate with up to two other riders
- ABS shell is durable in all weather
- DOT and ECE certified
- Built-in FM radio
- Smart ventilation
- Washable interior
- Comfortable padding
- Easy to clean
- Pushbutton control—one button does it all
What to consider:
- The required li-ion battery isn’t included, which is a bummer, but not too huge of a deal.
- There is no included adaptor, but it can be charged with any phone adaptor, so once again, it’s more of an annoyance than a huge problem.
TORC T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet with Flag Graphic (Flat Black, Large)
ECE and DOT Certified
The TORC T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet is both DOT and ECE certified, which means this helmet meets or exceeds the requirements of both entities for safety.
The Blinc Bluetooth on TORC’s offering is fully integrated for a streamlined and ready-to-go experience. This Bluetooth integration allows you to synch with your phone, make phone calls handsfree, act as an intercom with nearby riders and listen to music.
The Mako is the only Bluetooth helmet in its class to feature an optically correct flat panel shield. This means that everything you see is true to life quality, which is usually a feature reserved for top shelf models. There’s also a TORC-exclusive inner lockdown sun visor to prevent the sun’s rays from beating on your skin.
The padded liner is laser cut for a precise fit, and it’s also machine washable so you can keep it fresh for years to come.
The Mako is named for the Mako shark from which it draws information. With a slightly pointed nose and semi-oval appearance, this helmet is made for those who go fast—or just want to look like they go fast. It’s shark-like aerodynamics and cutting power in helmet form. On a functional note, the design allows for an optional neck brace addition.
What to like:
- Integrated Blinc Bluetooth
- DOT and ECE certified
- Optically correct flat panel shield
- Inner lockdown sun visor feature
- Padded liner
- Removable liner
- Washable liner
- Shark-like aesthetic, cool looks
What to consider:
- A lot of people have noticed that this helmet runs on the small side.
- Some have had issues with Bluetooth, but it’s important to remember that most Bluetooth devices require you to resynch occasionally. This is a common user error; since most user experiences are good with this helmet, most Bluetooth issues may be more user error-related, but still worth noting just in case.
TORC T27 Full Face Modular Helmet with Integrated Blinc Bluetooth (Gloss Black, Medium)
Full face motorcycle helmets are known for being bulky and old-fashioned looking, but the TORC T27 helmet is 20% smaller (less bulky) than other full-face helmets while still offering the same or better protection thanks to smart design choices.
ECE and DOT certified
Despite being 20% smaller than standard full-face helmets, the TORC T27 is still ECE and DOT certified, which means it meets or exceeds the standards of both safety regulators, meaning that despite the smaller size, it is still perfectly compliant with safety standards.
With Blinc Bluetooth 2.0 integration, your motorcycle helmet instantly becomes a powerful speaker, smartphone and music listening device all in one.
The noise cancelling microphone that comes with the TORC T27 compliments the Blinc Bluetooth 2.0 nicely by allowing your helmet to become an intercom system and a cellphone—without background noise getting in the way.
Featuring Venturi ventilation, the TORC T27 cools you down by blowing all that hot air out the back exhaust, keeping you nice and cool.
What to like:
- 20% less bulky compared to other full-face helmets
- ECE and DOT certified
- Blinc Bluetooth 2.0 integration
- Noise cancelling microphone
- Waterproof controls
- One-button chin bar release
- Venturi ventilation
- Removable and washable liner for easy cleaning
What to consider:
- It comes with Bluetooth 2.0 instead of Bluetooth 3.0; it’d be nice if it had the latter instead, though 2.0 isn’t anything to sneeze at.
While there are a lot of great motorcycle Bluetooth helmets in this roundup, a clear winner quickly emerged from the crowd: The HJC CL-MAXBT II Bluetooth Modular Motorcycle Helmet. The HJC crushes it by coming in with the latest features, high performance materials and heavy-duty construction, making it the easy leader of the pack.